- 2-3 Courgettes (depending on the size)
- 250gm of Turkey Mince (Can also substitute for low-fat beef/lamb mince)
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- Taco seasoning (packet or use the following link to mix your own spice http://www.foodrenegade.com/homemade-taco-seasoning/)
- 1 avocado
- Optional toppings: cheese, lowfat sour cream, lettuce.
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F gas mark 6.
2. Cut the courgettes in half vertically and use a spoon to scoop the flesh out until you have a hollow centre for your filling. Cook the courgettes for 10 minutes.
3. Whilst the courgettes are cooking, heat a Tsp of olive oil in a pan on medium – high heat. Dice and fry half of the onions until they begin to soften.
6. Spoon the mince into the courgettes and bake in the oven for around 7 minutes (or until the mince and courgettes are fully cooked).
7. Whilst the tacos are cooking dice some tomatoes (I prefer to deseed them) and mash the avocado with a fork.
8. Once the courgettes are cooked top with tomatoes, avocado and onion.
Comment If you try them and let me know what you topped them with !